Event Policy


Book a Montessori Australia event with confidence.

We want to make sure bookings are 100% flexible to meet your ever increasing tight time schedules. We are proud to offer you complete flexibility to many of the events that are offered by Montessori Australia. For many of our events you may be given the option to register to:

  1. attend the venue in person,
  2. attend live online via Zoom, or
  3. participate by viewing an on demand recording of the event (restrictions apply, see below)   

In this way you will not miss out on the event and can have access to take part or view the event at a time of your convenience.  

Please note that participants seeking to have their attendance at an event certified are required to have their cameras on for the duration of the event. We strongly encourage interaction and involvement with events even in our online or hybrid format. A Montessori Australia representative will monitor and assist with feedback and questions through the chat option or similar arrangement at these events.

Recording Events

Our events may be recorded and made available to those attending, either in person or during the Zoom, or to those who have registered/paid for a recording of the event.  In attending our events, either in person or via Zoom, delegates give consent for the recording of the event. Attendees may like to join the event without their audio/video for privacy (refer to below about Certificates of Attendance)*.

Our events may be recorded using the Zoom recording feature and made available via Vimeo or similar platform to those that have registered for the event or pay for access in the future.  While we make every effort to ensure these recordings are available, sometimes matters out of our control may prevent this.  In this case, those who have registered for a recording (only) of the event will be offered a credit for another event or refund.

Recordings will be made available for a period of 28 days to registered attendees (in person, Zoom or recording options).  

Recordings are available for registered attendees own viewing only, not to be shown to a wider audience.

Please allow up to 2 weeks for recordings to be produced and available.

Conferences are not available for recording options, but selected conference proceedings may be available for viewing at a future date.

Certificates of Attendance

Certificates of Attendance for events will only be issued to those who attend in person or who attend online for the entire event, verified with the video/camera on live. Those attending online who do not have their live video/camera feed on during the whole duration of the event cannot be verified as being 'in attendance' and therefore cannot be issued with a Certificate of Attendance.  For those who do not wish to have their video/camera feed on for privacy reasons, an interaction using the 'chat' feature during the event may be used to verify continued attendance. Those registered to receive recordings only will not be issued with Certificates of Attendance.

Verification of attendance for teacher accreditation will be required.


In the event that COVID restrictions prevent in person attendance, in person registrations may be transferred to online (Zoom) attendance.  If the published rate for online attendance is less than the in person rate, the difference will be credited.

Cancellations received prior to two months before the event will attract a 10% administration fee with the remaining 90% being credited.

Cancellations received between two months and one week before the event will attract a 25% administration fee with the remaining 75% being credited. 

Cancellations received within one week prior to the event, during the event or after the event will not be eligible for any credit/refund.  

No cancellations or refunds applicable to Early Bird bookings (substitutions accepted).  Early Bird bookings must be paid by the early bird due date otherwise the full rate will be applied.

Delegate substitutions are a welcome alternative to cancellations.

Cancellations or substitutions must be emailed to [email protected]

This policy applies to registrations received and invoiced, whether they be paid or invoiced.

This policy will apply in all cases and unfortunately no consideration can be given to special circumstances.

Should a delegate not be able to access a live or Zoom event, they will be offered a copy of the recording (if recording available).  Credits/refunds are not permissible in these circumstances.

Late registrations after the registration closing dates will incur a $20pp late registration fee.

Overdue invoices will incur a $20 overdue fee.

Events may have maximum attendee numbers and may be closed earlier than the registration closing date. 

Events may have minimum attendee numbers and may be postponed or cancelled should this number not be reached.

Refunds are available only in certain circumstances where transfer or credits are not applicable.

All our in person events are subject to the relevant state health requirements and the venue requirements.  Please refer to the current state health requirements and the venue requirements before attending. 

Montessori Australia reserves the right to amend, cancel, postpone or re-schedule events. In the event of the cancellation of an event, Montessori Australia's maximum liability is limited to the amount of the registration fee paid. Montessori Australia accepts no additional liability for travel costs, hotel costs, or any other additional costs incurred.

Video Consent

By attending our events, participants consent to the be photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded. For in person events, entry constitutes your consent to such photography, filming and/or recording and to any use, in any and all media in perpetuity, of your appearance, voice and name for any purpose.  For online events, refer to the Recording Events section above.

Contact Details Consent

Sponsored events may include contact details such as a participants name, company and email address to be shared judiciously with our sponsor partners.  Participants may opt-out for specified events via email.