Head of School Recruitment
The appointment of the Head of School is one of the most critical responsibilities of a School Board. The Montessori Australia Foundation has assisted a number of schools with this major exercise and now provides this as a comprehensive service. MAF is uniquely positioned with national and international contacts to help locate the best possible candidate for this vital role. The service includes:
- Recruitment process advice
- Assistance with drafting advertisements
- Assistance with ad placement and dissemination in Montessori community in Australia and overseas
- Utilising Montessori network to find possible candidates
- Montessori reference checks
- Montessori diploma checks
- Selection criteria and questions
- MAF representative on selection panel
- Assistance with induction process
This service is available to MAF subscribing schools and centres, the rate ranging from $1,500 to $2,500 (ex GST) plus travel expenses and accommodation if attendance is required at interviews.
Relief Teachers Register
The Montessori Australia Foundation has established a new service for subscribing Montessori schools and centres seeking relief teaching staff. MAF Subscribers will have access to the Relief Teachers Register on our website www.montessori.org.au under the Employment link. Access is available only with the school subscriber login username and password. Click here to access Relief Teachers Register.
The Relief Teachers Register will list teachers who are available for relief work and will include the following details:
- Contact Phone Number/s
- Qualifications (Montessori)
- Qualifications (Education other)
- Experience (Montessori)
- Location for working: e.g. Sydney, northern suburbs
- Days/Hours available: e.g. Mondays all day, Tuesday mornings
We encourage any teachers or assistants who are interested in being listed on the Relief Teachers Register to send their details to MAF. We would also suggest that schools pass on this information to any part-time or casual teaching staff they have who may be looking for additional work.